Nara Union duty policies
Working with the desire to be different from other communities, the Nara Union has never been less than objective in its mission. As part of this, the association has also tightened the rules and regulations. Members who join this course also need to know their responsibilities in the community.
01. To conduct training classes and refresher courses for Muffsal Journalists.
02. To undertake and provide further publication of books, periodicals, journals, monographs, research papers etc., in furtherance of the objectives of the Association.
03. To cooperate with the academic institutions and organizations in preparation of syllabi and in scheduling of programmes for teaching and training courses.
04. To institute awards, endowments and prizes in recognition of meritorious services and outstanding achievements in Journalism.
05. To conduct advanced study and research in the field of journalism and to acquaint the working Journalists with the latest technology in printing and electronic media and the latest trends in the world of Journalism.
06. To initiate steps to improve the tastes of readers and promote healthy trends in journalism and evolve a consensus on social responsibility of media.
07. To organize training courses, workshops in newspaper photography, photo journalism, page makeup, Cartooning and illustrative drawings.
08. To preserve all the important newspapers, periodicals in the State through microfilming for the benefit of future generations. To collect Bio-data and photos of eminent persons from different walks of life.
09. To establish and maintain a computerized reference library and data bank, casette library of video magazines, photos of important State, National and International events and personalities to cater to be needs of working journalists, students and researchers in Journalism.
10. To sponsor journalists to participate as delegates in Seminars, workshops, symposia, training programmes etc., organized at State, National and International levels.
11. To establish same Associations (Units) for the welfare of the Journalists in different states of the country.
12. To cooperate with other institutions in any part of the world having objectives wholly or partly similar to those of the Association in such manner as may be conductive to their common objectives.
13. To undertake such other activities which are relevant to fulfill the objectives of the Association.
14. To conduct programmes on child rights, indigenous rights, human rights etc., to generate awareness on those subjects.